Are you ready for an exciting new challenge with a successful Gold Standard full fibre network provider?
A little bit about us….
We’re not like other broadband providers, and we really don’t want to be. We are currently on a mission to ensure rural communities across East Anglia and Essex can access future ready, hyper fast, full fibre broadband.
After securing a total of £146 million in from our investors, we need you to play a part in our ambitious future!
Why join County Broadband….
At County Broadband we believe in giving back to our employees and empowering everyone to develop to their full potential. We believe in our values of Ambitious, Loyal and Proud!
We currently offer some great benefits, that are continuously being reviewed!
- Salary up to £55,000 per annum
- 22 Days holiday, plus bank holidays. Increasing with service!
- Company bonus scheme
- Access to 100’s of discounts via Perkbox!
- Access to Perkbox Medical!
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Company events!
- Company Pension
- Sick Pay
About our exciting opportunity
This role is key in the Delivery team supporting the Design Manager with ensuring the network designs are in alignment with the companies planning and design policies and will own the planning cycle end to end.
- Responsible for managing of all design aspects and leading the design team to support a partner project delivery programme
• Responsible for the creation of the network designs to support the business objectives
• Support the creation and manage the end to end processes and systems either with external or internal parties to ensure that designs meet the required objectives
• Support the creation and manage the network planning and design policies to include decision trees on the use of Over Head, Under Ground, Public Infrastructure Access, Own Build etc.
• Ensure that during the planning and design stage companies’ objectives are met in relation to the time, quality and costs of the designs created and the process to create
• Creation and validation of the HLD either directly or with partners
• Creation and validation of the LLD either directly or with partners
• Creation of the designs using CBL’s GIS systems to support the business decisions
• Creation and validation of all required outputs to allow for effective network build
• Lead the implementation of design best practice through the internal and external organisations
• Work with the DM to optimise the process and systems in place and create a culture of continuous improvement within the Delivery department
• Supervision of all contractor design related activities
• Training all contractors on the requirements from CBL
Your skills and experience
- Experience of working in a telecommunications infrastructure build environment and how a design is critical to a successful build
• 3rd party contractor management
• Detailed technical appreciation for different network technology i.e. GPON, WDM, fibre, radio etc
- Creation of network designs using multiple technologies (P2P, GPON, XGSPON etc.) and using overhead and underground infrastructure
• Creating design and planning rules and strategic direction for the network
• Ability to provide designs using CAD and/or GIS systems to a high standard
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for County Broadband Ltd to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. If at any stage, you with to withdraw your consent please contact us.